This page will be continually updated with my long term and short term tango goals (Updated 02/25/2020):
- To have a large enough vocabulary to express myself to the music without thinking.
- To have a solid connection and embrace with all partners I dance with.
- To have a wide understanding of tango music so I have a master of the musicality of the dance.
- To make my partners enjoy every dance and have it even be challenging (in a not boring sense) for the advanced dancers.
- Be able to watch most (if not all) tango videos, and be able to know what’s going on and also easily dance the same figures.
- Change the tango scene, make it less cliquish/snobby/elitist.
Stop side stepping and rock stepping so much.
- Pay more attention to the follower’s footwork when entering/exiting a molinette.
- Better posture: Keep my head and spine straight, and my left elbow not flared out.
- Landing sacadas on front ochos better.
- Make barridas smooth and less awkward.
- Be more with the follow during giros.
- Learn cadenas (they look cool!)
- Work on disassociation – having torso and hips face different directions
- Dance to the beat.
- Be more comfortable walking/dancing on the dark side.
- Use cross system more
Learn to get into cross system comfortably by double stepping.
- Dance comfortably to milonga music.
- Have more intent in the moves, even if the footwork is fumbled if the intent is there the follower will recognize the lead.
- I tend to rush sometimes, need to collect my feet and brush my knees when walking more consistently.
- Learn those hip swivel pivot things (they also look cool!)
- Be more comfortable with doing all the equivalent moves in close embrace.
- Be better with double time / syncopated steps
- Dance more comfortably in milongas with very limited space.